Follicular unit transplant is one of the most popular hair transplant methods in the hair restoration field. It is the most familiar surgical hair transplant technique that uses naturally occurring groups of 1 to 4 hairs, known as follicular units.
Follicular unit transplant treatment is an advanced hair transplantation procedure designed to produce naturally appearing hairline.
Follicular Unit Transplant procedure
Steps of FUT procedure:
– Local anesthetic is administered on the scalp, allowing the patient to feel comfortable during the treatment
– A donor strip is carefully removed from the donor area
– Under a microscope, the individual follicular units are dissected from the strip
– The doctor will make tiny incisions in the scalp for recipient sites using an advanced needle-point instrument
– Single follicular units are implanted into the hair loss recipient sites
With Follicular Unit Transplant procedure in Turkey, a strip of scalp is surgically excised and the individual hair follicles are formed into natural hair grafts.
The strip is then removed from the donor area, where hair follicles are resistant to balding. The entire procedure is performed under local anesthetic with light sedation if requested by the patient.
After the hair is removed from the back of the scalp in a single strip, stereo-microscopic dissection will allow the single follicular units to be removed from this strip without being damaged.
Who benefits from Follicular Unit Transplant
Good candidates for Follicular unit transplant are individuals with relatively stable hair loss, have good donor areas.